Friday, June 30, 2006

Dundalk, 21st - 23rd June

Went to IIUG Conference at Dundalk Institute of Technology last week. Really the best type of exhibition work - just network (chatting, drinking, eating) with Irish librarians. The institute is big into enviroment studies, and the wind turbine apparently produces 85% of the electricty used by the college, which is pretty impressive if it's true. My taxi driver told me - mind you, he was a fountain of knowledge about Dundalk.
The only downside about the trip (and it's a really minor one, as I was there for WORK!) is that my grandfather's family oringinated from about 10 miles up the road, from a small townland called Drumnagrella, in the parish of Inishkeen,which seems to move bewteen Co Monaghan and Co Louth depending on which website you are looking at - anyway, I didn't get a chance to do any travelling. Guess the upside is that I'll have to go back. Posted by Picasa

No comments: