Sunday, June 03, 2007

The squeamish may wish to look away now

I broke my toe! I haven't ever broken a bone - not in 42 years. Pity my first break was as unimpressive as my little toe (right foot). So, I have never had a proper plaster cast - not even when I dislocated my knee. That was just a crepe bandage and a thing to hold the leg straight - I'm sure it has a proper name. It was a blue felt caliper, for want of the correct terminology.

This time, I get a bit of stuff between my toes and some sticky tape. But, man, look at that bruise!


I did it by stubbing my toe on the door jamb in the bedroom, on the way back from the shower. Slippers from now on, I suppose.

I am flying out to Germany this afternoon. I am wondering if I can blag a ride on one of those golf carts at Schipol Airport!

No comments: