Friday, December 05, 2008

God save the queen

I had a day's leave on Wednesday, and my best friend V was off sick, so we had a nice long gossip on the phone. I had the telly on. Jeremy Kyle was finished so I channel hopped and found the opening of parliament. V and I were somewhat surprised to see, in amongst all the pomp amd ceremony - a woman proudly holding a santa hat on a stick.



Turns out it is actually the cap of maintenance. Clearly we learnt bugger all at our London convent school. Well, except the rhythm method (and no, that has NOTHING to do with music)

2 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

It's an easy mistake to make. I'm sure I would have made it too... I didn't ever dare use the rhythm method. I am accident prone...
Sx

Kevin Musgrove said...

There's also The Sock Monkey of the British Constitution, something we doffed our caps to each morning at grammar school.

I've got a shocking sense of rhythm, which probably explains the lamentable state of my love life.

(word ver. "irooted," which is a low blow)