Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mad-eyed screamer

I am soooooo bored I could scream. Really, if my desk weren't so cluttered I would lay my head down and howl. I've got plenty of work to do, don't get me wrong. Mountains of it in fact. I'm not travelling too much at the moment, which is good. But I get to go to the US at the end of next week, via Toronto to see some friends. I've just had an excellent appraisal. But.....it's just not doing it for me at the moment....know what I mean? I really need something challenging - in a good way.

Adding to this malaise is that I am in the process of putting together an application for another job....outside my present organisation....shhhhh.....don't tell anyone. It is the perfect job for me...back in the real world of libraries...but kind of not......I am completely desperate to get this job, and can't get it out of my head. I *think* I stand a reasonable chance. I *think* I should get an interview at least. I just have to think up strategies to ensure my head doesn't explode in the meantime.

Here is someone far better at screaming than me, and seemingly still happy in her day job.

3 comments:

Kevin Musgrove said...

You've heard we've got a Library Assistant vacancy!

Seriously, I know what you mean. I'm up to my gills in work, including three very challenging projects, and I am bored shitless.

librarylizzie said...

Oh...life was so less complicated when I was a library assistant. Maybe I'll apply!

Ms Scarlet said...

I have a sneaky suspicion that whatever we do we end up being bored shitless.
Good luck though!
Sx