Thursday, December 31, 2009

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing

So we hurtle towards 2010 and I feel a review of the year coming on.

I have travelled, and visited some new places and some old places. I have made new friends, reconnected with old friends, met one friend in the flesh for the first time, and been neglectful of some others.

I have been happy at work, cross at work, disappointed at work.

I have been to one wedding and not been to four funerals. I have seen one couple decide to marry, and I await the birth of a baby to a mother whose nappies I changed when she was a baby.

I have watched my beautiful tiny girl grow into a big girl, who reads and writes, and looses teeth, and has grown in confidence, and still brings me so much joy that I am crying as I write this about her.

This year I have laughed and smiled and enjoyed. But I have cried and shouted and despaired too. I have been sadder than I have been for a long time, and found myself in a place I didn't expect to be in twice in my lifetime. This isn't the life I expected, but then, whose is?

Next year.....
I hope the hostilities cease.
I would like to loose weight.
I ought to try to drink less.
I should exercise more.
I will be rid of my glasses.
I suspect I shall still be me at the beginning of 2011, whoever me really is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL

3 comments:

Macy said...

Happy New Year!! I'm looking forward to it so much I've put the clocks forward already....

librarylizzie said...

Hi macy - Happy New Year to you and the cherub....thanks for reminding us all what is actually important in life.....

Kevin Musgrove said...

Your turn for the virtual hug, I think.

Chin up, kid.