Sunday, January 25, 2009

In these shoes...

This has been a funny old week, chez Robinson. The husband got a promotion..sort of...long story..the short version is that he lost his job back in 2005 in a re-org, and so was given another position in the organisation (it's Civil Service), which was two grades lower, except he still got paid at his old grade, but with no annual increments (you still with me?).

Occasionally he got "matched" to other jobs at his grade, which he had to be interviewed for, even if he didn't want them...he never got them, but still had to go through the prep, and then the letdown.

Anyway, this week he was interviewed for a senior role within his own department, back at the old scale and he got it. It is an ideal role, and his colleagues are very pleased for him.

(Keep going, there is a point to this)

I, meanwhile, have been waiting for a similar-ish decision at work since early November. I thought it would all happen this week, but no...in fact it got even more complicated. So I have been happy for husband, but feeling increasingly ill-used by my own organisation.

Anyway, this is the point.....and the ladies will understand....

Something had to be done.....so, shoes have been purchased....red shoes....and suddenly the world seems a brighter place.




Although, slightly scarily, I find the strapline for the manufacturer is "The footware of universal youth culture fashion."

And, of course, any excuse to bung a Kirsty track in..

""

6 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

And when life really sucks then it's time to go the whole hog and purchase the thigh high, red patent leather killer boots.
Sx

librarylizzie said...

Scarls - that moment might come sooner than you think. I did consider some rather nice patent red flats (Kickers), but decided the current crappiness of life warranted heels!

Kevin Musgrove said...

And the black leather trousers? (-;

librarylizzie said...

Depends who was wearing the leather trousers...I can think of a few candidates, suitably clad, who could cheer me up far more than buying a pair of red shoes...

*drifts off into a little fantasy world for a few moments*

Russ said...

I understand and I'm not a lady. Currently being frustrated by the style desert known as Birmingham in my attempts to buy new shoes for a party on Saturday...I'll persevere

Ms Scarlet said...

A little fantasy never hurt anyone. Reality does.
I hope things work out Lizzie.
Sx