Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The little drummer boy

A quick pictorial catch up of my world over the last few weeks.

Here are the drums....




Not as big as you might have thought, but I am informed reliably informed that size isn't everything, as long as the operator is fairly skilled.
And yes, they are situated in a book (and CD/DVD) lined study. Are the family men amongst you asking how that jammy begger gets his very own personal playroom? Frankly, I ask myself that sometimes, especially as he is actually downstairs hogging the telly, watching football, and not even luxuriating in his own private kingdom.



In fact, just to rub it in, here is another shot of aforementioned booklined..etc etc...

If you zoom in Kev you might be able to recognise some of the filums...



Last weekend, as mentioned over at Mrs P's, we went to a wedding, with picnic on Box Hill. We were friends of the groom - he and I were at uni together...indeed we graduated 20 years ago this year, so took the opportunity for a reunion shot.





No shots of the actual service or the official photos you might notice. That's because we weren't there. Shan't go into too much detail for fear I will be overcome (again)with the need to go downstairs and point out a couple more home truths to the man of the house. (Actually, can't do that - I'm still not speaking to him) Suffice to say that if anyone says anything about women and their inability to handle directions I shall be round forthwith and shove a bat up your nightie.

Multi-tasking.....don't get me started.......

6 comments:

Kevin Musgrove said...

I thought I was the only one who'd have Citizen Kane, the original, silent, version of The Lost World and a biography of Boris Karloff...

I draw the line at a boxed set of Norman Wisdoms.

(Hattie!)

Ms Scarlet said...

Oh. What happened? A map reading incident stopped you getting to the wedding in time?
I think you should turn his room into a shoe closet... and go buy loads of shoes to fill it... or learn to play the drums and be soooooo much better at it than him.
Sx

Madame DeFarge said...

I'm impressed that you can fit anything else in to that room. I'd aim for moire books instead. Waste of good space.

librarylizzie said...

Kevin : oh he is a big Karloff fan. I'll do close up of the shelves. I fear you will find that you and he have much more in common. And leave wizzie alone - he is worshped as a diety in our house, including by the 5 year old.

Scarls: Oh go on then...I'll tell you. He was sen tot the local supermarket at 10.30am. He got stuck behind a parade (St george's day? who knows?). He staying stuck rather than turning round. He then got lost coming back to my brothers house (10 minutes from the shop...I kid you not) and HE CLAIMED that the sat nav was knackered, but it worked fine when i switched it on. He got home (after having to be directed by a neighbour via my mobile) 2 and 3/4 hours later! This was 15 minutes after the wedding began. Men...can't live with 'em, can't murder 'em and bury 'em under the patio with the authorities getting snitty.

Madame de F: welcome. The books are actually double banked, so ther are twice as many as you can see...plus the bookshelves in the dinning room, asitting room, my study and the spare room. Trust me, there is no space for any more books in my house....unless I kick the husband out!

librarylizzie said...

Sorry for the rubbish typing. It should read "withOUT the authorities getting snitty"

and Kev, it's a biog of Hattie Jacques - mine actually. I have quite a collection of biogs of Carry On stars.

The Ferrets said...

Oh, I love the one of Susan with Jon's Mum. Now, how do I nick that for my album...?! Got lots of tales of Jon from his parents at breakfast the following morning - blackmail may be on the cards!

Have you been over and seen our photos yet? Although the country dancing ones of your DD are a bit blurred (well she was moving rather fast!) you can tell she was enjoying herself!

Oh, by the way, you can bury husbands under the patio as long as they are 200m from the nearest water course. The planning rules don't say whether he should be dead first... Poor man - when you arrived he said that he coped quite well with the fire engines and the marching bands, but it was the children on stilts that pushed him over the edge! I hope you've let him spend a couple of days in a darkened room with the gin bottle.