Monday, July 13, 2009

It's been a hard days night

I've been a bit distracted for the last few weeks, and hugely stressed. I've had a lot on my plate, and now it's all over I can share it with y'all. Ironically, I'm finding time to get back on with blogging because I'm off sick, which is probably my body's reaction to the end of the stress!

So, there's been work...there's always work, but June is the end of our FY, and targets are not met, and, well, you just try that extra bit...to try to make a difference. Then we had some very important clients coming to visit...oh and the small matter of a two day user conference to organise and host. Everything went fine...client is extremely happy, user conference was a success.

Simultaneously I was organising a couple of minor things at home. Laura's 6th birthday party, which should have been straight forward. I booked a local pub play area, and they do all the work. Just turn up with the cake and the child. But we had it on a school night, so there were lifts for various children to co ordinate, and party bags...who knew that could be so complicated?

And then there was husband's 60th birthday....oh the build up to the event of the decade has been going on for 6 (very long) months, since I had the foolish idea of a sixties themed party back at new year, and then somehow this got combined with the reunion of the band he used to play in 40 years ago....hence the posts about the purchase of the drumkit(s).

So, I booked a venue, designed the invites, sent the invites, managed the replies, booked the caterer, organised a cake, liaised with the disco (my brother), booked the live band (my next door neighbour), organised costumes and had a few tears and a tantrum. Peter reaquainted himself with drumming. And...thank christ....the party was a great success. Oh, did I mention, all of the above - work and home events, happened over the space of 5 days? Now you know why the immune system has given up the ghost! Here are selected highlights....







For the foolhardy or the extremely bored all the photos can be seen here.

1 comment:

Ms Scarlet said...

Hmmm... I think you have a hangover...!
Sx