Monday, August 17, 2009

Relax...

I haven't blogged for an age, and now I am popping in to tell you I'm going on holiday at the end of the week. However, now that I am the extremely proud owner of an iPhone, I *plan* to blog from France.......well, we'll see....

Anyhoo, this year I am taking about three-times the usual number of books with me as I regularly run out of reading matter after the first week and am left to raid the shelves for items left by previous holiday makers....usually Catherine Cookson or books about the SAS (why is that?)

So here is the current holiday reading list (and of course a bit of product placement...) click here...

5 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Have a great holiday and enjoy all those books.

Ms Scarlet said...

Yep, happy hols... After reading The Hours, I'm now in the mood for something light and fluffy.
I know the Hours was a well written, clever well structured book... and it raised lots of issues etc, etc... but it didn't really move me. Stylish... but something was missing.
Sx

Kevin Musgrove said...

You can tell the people who've stopped working in public libraries: they're the ones who can stand to start reading again!

Madame DeFarge said...

Have a great time. I've started using Stanza on my iTouch to read books. Far easier than carrying them everywhere.

librarylizzie said...

Thanks JJ.

Scarls: Just read "The house at Riverton"...that was good.

Kev : I read all the time, but I don't use the public library. I think it is the urge to get on with the shelving everytime I go through the door!

MdF: I am a total luddite where e-books for relaxation are concerned, but do use them for work & study.