Saturday, February 07, 2009

Kick over the statues

And how did the residents of the elegant spa town of H*rr*g*te celebrate the snowfall this week? By building an large snow sculpture of a knob on the main roundabout, of course. I approach it from an odd angle (as the actress said etc etc) and announced to my 5 year old that some had done a person sitting on a horse...til we got closer. Later, on an beer crisis trip to Waitrose my husband spotted people having their photo taken next to it. We may lose our position as the UK's 4th best place to live over this.

Meanwhile, a bit o'SWP early 80s nostalgia for you...

2 comments:

Kevin Musgrove said...

Is that why young girls are so keen on horse riding?

I'll never look at a Thelwell cartoon the same way again.

Ms Scarlet said...

**hangs head in shame** I thought I was going to get to see a pic of a giant snow knob.
Sx