Friday, February 06, 2009

The Lebanon

[Yes - that is a song title - Human League]

Anyway, well done to the lovely Ms.SB and to dear old Kevin - you were very close with your guesses as to my work destination last week - what with the temperature up in the high teens, the haunting sound of the call to prayer, and the bullet holes in the walls of most public buildings, I could easily have been in Hastings or Cleethorpes. But I was, in fact, in Beirut. It was jolly nice too....I'm always partial to a trip to that neck of the woods. Gorgeous scenery, lovely people and fab food. Except for the pickled turnip, served at lunch and dinner. Sharn't miss that.

Eeee..it's all glamour my life. Next week, it's Liverpool, Sheffield and Birmingham. The trip to Swindon got cancelled, which is just as well, because I don't think I could stand the excitement.

1 comment:

Ms Scarlet said...

Was the trip cancelled by snow???
Sx