Saturday, November 28, 2009

Donald, where's yer troosers?

A general rant about a number of things...

Jeans. Am I unusual in wanting to buy a pair of ordinary jeans? NOT made out of stretchy material? NOT full of holes? NOT looking like someone did the painting in them. And most certainly NOT leggings made to look like jeans. In Harrogate I am apparently in a minority of one.

Grammar. It is "you're", not "your", you utter half-wit. You are old enough to know better. Do it one more time and I will correct it, in red, and send a copy to all the *senior* managers you keep going on about.

Mnemonic. I know how it is spelt. However, I also know how it is pronounced. What's more, saying I "mis-remembered" doesn't soften the blow. It just makes you sound even more patronising. I do seem to to have mis-remembered why I married you at this precise moment in time though.


Thanks for listening...I needed that.

2 comments:

St Jude said...

I am completely with you on the whole, you're versus your front. It irritates me so much when I see supposedly intelligent people using it.

By the way do you feel better for your rant?

Russ said...

Levi's...501's...real jeans

Don't even get me started on people who use "of" instead of "have"