Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Hanging on the telephone

Yay for technology. I am embracing web2.0 by blogging from my phone while on the train.
I am half way to Birmingham for a meeting with our customers. Not all of them. In fact not many at all. It appears that Dudley on a miserable Tuesday is one step too far. I on the other hand have been on the train since 6am, after only three hours sleep. Jetlag. Thank god I wrote my presentation before I went to the US. I can barely string a sentence together at the moment. There has to be more to life, doesn't there? In fact, as Morrisey once said "there's more to life than books you know". Scarily close to my catchphrase, used when a colleague or even a customer, has their knickers is a twist about something..."it's only an f'ing library". Better yet, if we are trading pithy one liners , from the brilliant course I was on last week "your opinion, although interesting, is irrelevant." it's supposed to mean that you need to have facts, not a personal opinion. They even sell mugs with it on.

Oh, a station. Derby? Yes. Good. Still time for a quick nap before New Street.

-- Post From My iPhone

3 comments:

Kevin Musgrove said...

Dudley on a wet November day doesn't have a lot to commend it.

librarylizzie said...

And on a dry day it does??

Kevin Musgrove said...

They used to have a zoo which was OK. And there's a nice, productive outcrop of Wenlock Limestone. Aside from that...