Thursday, November 12, 2009

I wanna be loved by you..

I was contacted by an old school friend via one of the many social networking sites that I frequent. Well, I say school. It was a boy who was *allowed* to come to our (girl's convent) school to take part in a joint play we were putting on with their school.

Anyway, he admitted to a huge crush on me....28 years ago. And I felt all warm and fuzzy for a couple of days afterwards......That is hopelessly sad, isn't it, and I really...REALLY need to deal with my self esteem issues soon, don't I?

This is me when I was the object of his affection. No...that most certainly is NOT him in the picture. And I am applying stage make up, not gazing lovingly up into this fella's eyes! I was stage manager, you see.....I spent weeks painting shoe boxes. That will give you a clue to the play if you want to have a guess.

6 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

Ahhh... that's really sweet!
Anyhow... Was the play a modern version of Cinderella?
Erm... what did you paint on the boxes?
Sx

Kevin Musgrove said...

you look good in white

librarylizzie said...

I was painting them brown to look more authentic for a victorian show shop.......that's a walloping great clue!

Ms Scarlet said...

Little Shop Of Horrors?
Sx
Or was it the other one that has a shop in it?

Kevin Musgrove said...

Oklahoma! ?

Madame DeFarge said...

It reminds me of putting make up on the boy adored at the school play. South Pacific, so much layering of fake tan on chests. I was quite overcome.