Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu...

Goodbye to my tonsils. I go into hospital at midday tomorrow, and by tea time (that's dinner time for you soft southerners) tomorrow I will be less of woman than I was when I went in.

As I have regularly mentioned in this blog, I am an absolute martyr to my tonsils, with anywhere up to four bouts a year. Enough is enough, and they are coming out.

I am only in hospital over night, and then I am off on the sick for a minimum of two weeks. How flippin' brilliant is that? A doctor's note to say that I can switch off the laptop and mobile phone for 10 working days.

I have a stack of books, DVDs, mags, sewing and suduko puzzles, and I am going to jolly well enjoy myself. Well, once the anesthetic wears off and the pain relief drugs kick in.

I may blog...

3 comments:

Ms Scarlet said...

I think you may have a bit of a sore throat . . . but then there is ice-cream.

Get well soon.
Sx

Kate said...

It's not tea time here yet but you will be done and dusted. Hope you feel okay. Looking forward to your book reviews over the next fortnight! xxx

Kevin Musgrove said...

and you can eat lots and lots of ice cream to keep the swelling down