Friday, October 03, 2008

Fame...I wanna live forever

So, my words of wit and wisdom are to be published in another professional journal. I get to be interviewed, by phone, and comment on l*br*ry M*n*gem*nt software. I need to comment on the industry in general, while getting in numerous plugs for the product I manage. This is an intimidating situation already. Usually I give the lovely marketing people a vague idea of what I would like to say, and they go away, craft a masterpiece, then it gets published with my name on it.

But that is not the worst of it. A photograph is required to accompany the article. Of me. Now, I try to avoid having my photo taken at the best of times. The photo I supply is going to have to make me look (in my opinion and in no particular order): intelligent, approachable, authoritative, honest, kind but firm, concerned, articulate, witty, supportive, attentive, friendly....but most of all, NOT FAT.

I'm thinking this one will not do....

2 comments:

Kevin Musgrove said...

You could just have a photo of the horse's arse and say that's a metaphor for library management. (-:

Mrs Pouncer said...

Absolutely the bottom line (hemhem)! Just gimme a photograph that doesn't make me look fat. It doesn't matter about anything else. I don't care if I look like Magda Goebells in it. Just not fat.