Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sitting....parts 8 and 9

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement,Kevin, but it's all down hill from here.

You were warned. Next film will have me sat at the front, drooling over the lovely Mr Dafoe - sweaty, grubby and in a uniform! Yep, it's Platoon. Academy award winner, and the lovely Willem was a nominee. And to continue a bit of a theme, it was the first in Oliver Stone's Vietnam trilogy. More trivia - I've just discovered Johnny Depp was in it. Can't say he made much of an impression on me during the numerous viewings! Oh, and I had the poster on my wall all three years I was a student. And, of course, the beautiful Barber's Adagio for Strings.

Ninth day, and I'm giving you an easier ride now. Let's hear it for Pretty in Pink. Classic (or is that cliched) tale of girl from wrong side of the tracks meets boy from 'right' side. He dumps her through peer pressure, then finally finds the courage to get back with her. All this, an amazing 80's New Wave soundtrack and Harry Dean Stanton. Oh, it is a total nostalgia trip.

No comments: